Threading the needle, finding sustainable solutions
Polyneon Green is a new machine embroidery thread carefully designed for workwear and other projects that have to face wear and tear in a more sustainable way.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Made from post-consumer PET bottles;
- 100% GRS recycled polyester;
- A range of 108 shiny and resistant colours;
- Keeps the genuine high-quality of Polyneon threads;
- Suitable for all logos and designs digitised for 40 weight threads;
- Free from harmful substances and certified for use on baby items;
- Reuses plastic waste, saves resources.
A brilliant solution in the advance towards more eco-friendly textiles, this recycled embroidery thread is part of a shift toward a circular economy.
Polyneon Green is manufactured using recycled transparent bottles made of polyethylene terephthalate (PET). The process of giving this post-consumer waste a second life as thread takes many steps:
Recycling plastic bottles gives existing materials a chance at a new life.
- After the PET bottles are collected and prepared, they are shredded into flakes, …
- which are then formed into chips.
- Those are melted into a liquified form and extruded through microholes.
- The recycled fibers are spun and turned into an amazing new thread which won't create new waste: Polyneon Green.
- Voila! Ready to shine and last in your sustainably produced premium embroideries.
Polyneon Green is certified to the GRS
The Polyneon Green machine embroidery threads are made from 100 % GRS recycled polyester, certified by ECOCERT Greenlife, Licence Number 240979.
This means that the recycled content is verified by authorised third parties and tracked from the recycler to the final embroidery thread.
Compliance with the Global Recycled Standard proves that the origin and amount of the recycled materials used by Madeira Garnfabrik to produce Polyneon Green are independently verified. Moreover, the entire supply chain fulfils the environmental, chemical and social requirements of the GRS.